Thursday, January 8, 2009

Panic Attack

OK so yesterday I was thinking and realized that I am 32 weeks and have NOTHING ready for this new little man. We don't have a car seat, a bed that will fit in our apartment, or really any clothes. (of course my baby shower isn't till the end of the month) and I don't have anything for me ready. So I just about panicked. I couldn't take my Christmas down because all the boxes were in storage and I couldn't get to where they were. I needed to get my filing together so I could start the new year out right and I couldn't go get that for various reasons. So I just felt like I had too much to do yesterday and couldn't do ANY of it. It was driving me crazy!!! When Aaron finally got off we went to Costco and Office Max to get the things I needed for filing and he promised to go get the boxes this morning so I could take down Christmas. Thankfully he was able to go get the boxes and so Christmas is down and I feel a little better. You know that feeling when things are just closing in on you, I love my Chirstmas decorations, but they really make things crowded. But anyways, I feel like I have a handle on things again and Aaron promised that we would go buy the car seat and the outfit to bring the baby home in this weekend :) My good friend Alison is giving me her bassinet and I will hopefully be able to find a few things that I need. So I feel like the panic attack is done for now, who knows, it might stike again. :)
I know I have 8 weeks left and I have good friends around me to help, it was just one of those days that I am so glad is over.

7 comments:

Desirae Pitt said...

isnt panic a fun feeling? i think not! I am glad you are getting it together. Good luck with it all! what is this little mans name?

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Hey, Im happy to help. I didnt know you needed clothes. I just figured you would have clothes from when Jaron was a baby. You have come to the right place. I have so much boy baby clothes and its all in really good condition. When Patrick was little I didnt let him get dirty ever. I was a total neat freak so all of his clothes are exceptionally clean. I know you will get stuff from your shower but not enough. You are welcome to whatever I have. I have buckets and buckets.

Meagan said...

I did the dame thing. When i went into labor with Brayen, who came four weeks early, I totally freaked out! I wasn't totally done with his room and there we still things that I had to get. So, I went to the store while having contractions. The doctor had sent me home because I was only dilated to a 2 and I still had 4 more weeks. It was sort of nice because I was able to go home and get things ready. Aren't having kids just wonderful?!?!

Carla said...

Hey, we have a crib if you need/want it. It's a good, sturdy crib that converts to a day bed then a full size headboard. I know you're getting a bassinet from Alison, but let us know if you want the crib too. We're done with babies and it's just sitting all disassembled under Andrew's bed.

We already got rid of our baby clothes... too bad!

The Studes said...

Email me your address and I"ll totally send you some really cute boy things!!!!

Anonymous said...

What happen to all your baby stuff from Jaron? I know, I finally decided I better start getting some things ready.

Johnsons Away said...

We couldn't keep any of Jaron's things because of Aaron going to flight school. We moved into his parents house, in one room. And we weren't going to be paid for at least 6 month so we couldn't afford a storage unit either. So I had to give all of his stuff away.