Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oceanside

So we went to Oceanside last weekend and like dork I forgot my camera again! But we had so much fun. We spent Saturday at the beach boarding (Aaron and his parents) and playing in the waves (me and Jaron) It was so nice a relaxing. Then on Sunday we went whale watching. We only expected to see Grey whales, but instead we got to see two Fin Whales.

They were so beautiful and amazing, I had always wanted to see a whale, and now I have :) Then as we were "following" the whales we came across a large group of dolphins. I think I counted 20 or more. Everyone was looking ahead, but Jaorn and I ended up staying in the back of the boat and watched 3 or 4 right next to us. It was just amazing, Jaron loved it and of course so did I. Rick and Nancy got good pictures, so as soon as they email them to us I'll post them. But thank you Mom and Papa for meeting us there and we had a blast! I love this world and the amazing animals and beautiful scenery that God has given us.

5 comments:

Meagan said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time. It sounds like fun! Did anyone get sick on your boat? When Mike and I went, there were people puking off the side of the boat. It was great!

Sunderman Family said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

KillmerFam said...

That's cool that you guys got to see a whale! I haven't seen a fin whale before. In Hawaii, they were Humpback whales. Sounds like you guys had fun! I love watching dolphins play with the wake of the boat.

Haas Family said...

Its sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Johnsons Away said...

No one got sick on the boat, in fact Aaron and I felt like we could go to sleep it was such a nice rocking motion. But we were in a pretty big boat. The next time we go whale watching I think we'll try a smaller boat and then we'll see if I'm the one puking on the side of the boat :)