Friday, October 17, 2008

7 Random things

Ok so I was tagged by my friend Carla. So here are 7 random things about me and then I get to tag 7 other people at the end.

1. I am a little OCD, things have to match including the cups that I set out for dinner. When I was little, if there was going to be one that wouldn't match I would put two back ( so they won't be alone in the cupboard) and then bring out two news ones that matched.

2. I have to answer phone calls (don't have caller ID) just incase it is an emergency, I can't stand to let it ring. Drives Aaron crazy when we are in the middle of dinner and I have to pick it up.

3. I love eating, but I can't stand cooking half the time. It takes 20 mins to prepare everything and then another 30 to 45 min to bake. And then after you eat it in 10 min you have to take 30 min to clean everything up. I would rather take .99 and go to Jack in the Box sometime. But there is nothing like home cooked meals (and a budget) so I do cook for Aaron.

4. I get a long a little better with guys then I do girls sometimes. I just don't seem to have a lot in common with most women. I am serious when I say that Aaron is my BFF. He is the only one who gets me and really enjoys all the silly stuff I think about. I just like talking about sports and learning how things work. I do enjoy finding a good deal at a store, but I don't get into fashion too much. But I am always up for a shopping trip to find great deals.

5. I am a pack rat and a shirt horder. I only have like 4 pairs of jeans, but I can't count how many shirts I have. And I keep them forever (well maybe 4 or 5 years depending on my size). I just can't get rid of things that people give me. I have almost every card anyone has given me. I even have this stupid red clown nose that my cousin threw at me because it was from my Aunt Jean's room. I have a lot of "junk" boxes.

6. I am a horrible procastinator. Have you ever seen that T-shirt that says "Procrastinators UNITE.....tomorrow" That is my motto. I am trying to work on that, but sometimes it does just slip my mind.

7. When I sleep at night, I have to have the sheets touching me. I can't stand the blankets to touch me at all. It has to be all the same (OCD again) The sheet can't be up against my cheek, but my shoulder is touching the blanket, it just drives me crazy.

Well that was harder then I thought and now I feel really funny that you will all know those silly things about me. But that's OK, I know (hope) you will all still love me. :)
Ok so I tag, Angie, Meagan, Jen, Steph, Tamara, Lanie and Natalie.

4 comments:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

You and I are frighteningly similar! I have always gotten along better with boys than with girls, they always had so much drama. And my sister usually has to dress me. I dont do fasion, most of my clothes used to be boys clothes. I have just recently started throwing away my t-shirts. I have so many that there isnt room anymore. My mom hates that I keep them all. I still have some from girls camp! Jesus hates when I straighten out the comforter and the sheets so that are all even on the bed, he thinks Im a freak because he sleeps like a crazy person.

Johnsons Away said...

I just got rid of my Girls's camp t-shirts a few years ago:) That is just too funny.

Carla said...

Dang we're all crazy then because I do the same thing with the sheets and the matching etc. And I basically only get along with guys too... I can count all the female friends I've had on one hand. I'm not a hoarder/pack rat or whatever though. In fact, I always throw tons of stuff away and then like two weeks after I've thrown something away, I'll need it.

Kate said...

I'm so glad I found your blog today! I enjoyed learning that I'm not the only one that's a little ocd!!! You should see some of the clothes I have hung onto... I know I'll NEVER wear them... and what about all those weird colorful "chinatown" fans I have in a box in my closet.... oh my... we have a few things in common!!