Monday, July 14, 2008

Magic Show

Ok so our Library has a lot of fun things going on this summer to keep the kids active and out of the heat. So on Fridays they do a little show for the kids. I hadn't been able to take Jaron much because fo watching other kids a lot. But I finally got to take him to the magic show on Friday and he loved it. Of course I forgot my camera, but oh well. The guy did a good job, Jaron really liked this floating ball that he had and the disappearing egg trick. He did'nt however like the trick where he was going to "cut" off a boys hand. It was a little much for all the kids. But Jaron broke down crying when the magician left the stage for a minute, with the boy waiting to see what was going to happen. They then played the song " All by myself" and Jaron just started crying. It was so sad and so funny. The magician came out and "cut" the coys hand and of course nothing happened. Jaron was still a little concered. The boy walked be and I asked if I could show Jaron his hand to show him that it was OK. Jaron was sooooooooooo confused it was just funny. But he still really liked it and told his Daddy all about it that night, of course I had to interpret a few things for him, but it was lots of fun.

1 comment:

Hunt Family said...

So let me get this straight, a magician has a room full of little kids and as one of his tricks he is going to "cute" off a hand of a little boy!! What a dweeb to think that the kids would be ok with that, but other then that it sounded like a lot of fun. Our library here does things like that during the summer but with Everett I can't always bring myself to go. Joe just asked me if I was blogging and I told him that I was commenting on your blog about the magician. He thinks the guys trick if very and that if he were there he would have laughed. I definetely would not have!